Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make and great for your family or any gathering. Adapted from All Recipes.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in flour.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Arrange cooked chicken in an even layer over noodles.
- Place broccoli over the chicken.
- Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli.
- Combine cheeses, and sprinkle half over the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Great recipe. I used fresh steamed broccoli instead of frozen and added canned/drained mushrooms too. Be sure to double the sauce - it was a bit dry - and add lots of seasonings to your taste. Overall, I would make this again. Family loved it.
The kids both a said this was ok but we all felt it was bland and needed some seasonings. (I kind of felt bad packing it for my husband's lunch tomorrow and tried to talk him into ordering out instead of taking lunch.) 4
I doubled the sauce as it seemed to be lacking same. Otherwise, it was good.