Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Easy to make and great for your family or any gathering. Adapted from All Recipes.
Top Review by Knit One Cook Too
Great recipe. I used fresh steamed broccoli instead of frozen and added canned/drained mushrooms too. Be sure to double the sauce - it was a bit dry - and add lots of seasonings to your taste. Overall, I would make this again. Family loved it.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in flour.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Arrange cooked chicken in an even layer over noodles.
- Place broccoli over the chicken.
- Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli.
- Combine cheeses, and sprinkle half over the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts.