Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple and savory meal for anyone who loves the creamy flavor of brie! The onions, brie and juices from the chicken create a nice sauce when the chicken is cut.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, split lengthwise and pounded thin
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, if necessary
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 ounces pancetta, cubed or 3 ounces pancetta, sliced and chopped into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- brie cheese, sliced lengthwise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour or 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Saute onions and pancetta in skillet until onions translucent and pancetta browned adding 1 tbs. olive oil if necessary.
- Add minced garlic to onion and pancetta mixture and saute for 1 minute.
- Lay chicken open on work surface and spread 1/2 of onion mixture on one side of each chicken breast.
- Place 1-2 slices of brie on top of onions.
- "Close" each chicken breast and secure sides with toothpicks.
- Heat 1 tbs. olive oil on medium high heat.
- Dredge each breast in egg then flour mixture and place in skillet.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes per side depending on thickness of chicken.
- *Don't forget to remove toothpicks before serving.
I really enjoyed this too! I am a klutz, and could NOT figure out how to fold over the chicken without losing all the filling, so followed qwerty3020's example and baked it. Worked great! Will definitely make again! Thank you!
This was really good! I followed the directions given but I only browned the chicken and then I baked it for 40 minutes at 350. Also I added a splash of wine to the frying pan and the pan I baked the chicken in (I love wine). Thanks for sharing.