Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Try this you will like it. very similar to quiche but with a cracker crust. This recipe came from an italian magazine so I had to translate it
- 250 g asparagus
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 150 g savoury crackers, processed to breadcrumbs
- 250 g feta or 250 g soft goat cheese
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 100 ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 75 g butter, melted not hot
- salt and pepper
- Mix the butter, cracker crumbs and 2 eggs.
- Press the mixture on the bottom and sides of a springform cake tin which has been lined in baking paper. refrigerate.
- blanche the asparagus for 12-20 minutes in boiling salted water. Chop them but leave about 12 spear heads to decorate the top.
- Saute the onions, add the asparagus then add the cream add cook for a few minutes.
- Mix the crumbled or grated cheese with the ricotta and the remaining 2 eggs. Then add half the parmesan and the asparagus mix. season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into crust and bake at 180C for about 1 hour. Dust with the remaining parmesan and brown under a grill. serve warm not hot.