Recipe by Tish
Got this recipe from my viewing of FoodTV...it's an addiction really. I had hoped to make it for a gathering but have yet to have one since I got this one. I think I would exchange the trout for another meat...but thats up to individual taste I think. Enjoy
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces smoked trout, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped chives
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed bagel chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, egg white, and the bagel chips.
- Press them into the bottom of a 10" spring form pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes to crisp up.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce the heat to 250F.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, blend the cream cheese, cornstarch, salt, and sour cream.
- Once combined, add the eggs.
- Fold in trout and chives.
- Pour the batter over the cooled crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for an additional hour without opening the door.
- Cool on a rack for at least 4 hours.
- Carefully unmold.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.