Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
What's not to like? Quick, easy, and delicious!
- 2 lbs fish fillets, preferably a firm white fish like snapper, grouper, etc
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried whole
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- Place fillets in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; drizzle with vegetable oil. Bake at 500 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions in butter in a skillet until tender. Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute. Spoon mixture over fillets.
- Sprinkle cheese over the fish. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Nothing here not to like. My husband says it's a keeper. I wasn't able to get a firm fleshed white fish, so chose a halibut. Made for Photo Tag Game. :)
Great and easy fish -- I used catfish, cooking the fish for 10 minutes, mine were fairly thick, cooked to perfection. Used low fat cheese and maybe a few more mushroom than indicated(didn't measure). Thanks for sharing this keeper!