1/3 Photos of Savory Cheese Soup (Slow Cooker)
7 hrs 5 mins
I like to garnish this soup with popcorn, croutons, green onions or bacon bits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (optional)
- 1In slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- 3Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into soup.
- 4Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until soup is thickened.
- 5Stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese until blended.
- 6Stir in beer if desired.
- 7Cover and cook on low until heated through.
- 8Serve with desired toppings such as croutons, popcorn, cooked crumbled bacon, sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Cheese Soup (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 1468.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g