Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this on the Sandra Lee show on the Food Network. I made this for dinner tonight and they were wonderful. I am not counting the 1/2 hour freezing time in the preparation time.
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon grated parmesan.
- Unfold thawed puff pastry sheet on grated parmesan.
- Lightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Lightly brush puff pastry with egg wash.
- In a meduim bowl, combine 2 tablespoons parmesan, Italian cheese and paprika.
- Sprinkle cheeses over surface of pastry sheet.
- Lightly press cheese into pastry.
- Fold top and bottom edges of pastry to the center.
- Next fold pastry in half from left to right.
- Now, fold in half top to bottom.
- wrap and freese at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- set aside.
- Cut 1/8 inch thick slices starting at the shortest edge.
- Sprinkle "faces" of palmier with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Lay face up on prepared baking sheet.
- two inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- serve warm.