1/9 Photos of Savory Cheese Muffins With Bacon and Chives
A delicious savory muffin - great for breakfast on the go, or serve with soup or salad. You can also substitute minced ham for the bacon, if you like. Note to World Tour participants - this recipe is typical of the fresh cheese and farm fresh ingredients found in Wisconsin - the MidWestern U.S. region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Cool and crumble.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Prepare muffin tin by spraying with vegetable oil spray.
- 6Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
- 7Remove from heat and add chives.
- 8Cool to room temperature.
- 9In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk using a whisk.
- 10Add butter/chive mixture, cheese and crumbled bacon.
- 11In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 12Stir to mix.
- 13Add to egg mixture, stirring only until blended thorougly.
- 14Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- 15(An ice cream scooper is a great tool for this purpose.) Bake 20- 25 minutes, or until muffin tops just begin to brown.
- 16Remove from oven and remove muffins from tin.
- 17Cool them on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Cheese Muffins With Bacon and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g