Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are really good, I cant remember where I got this recipe but its good
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄4 cup onions, finely chopped or 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 1 12 Cup muffin tin.
- In bowl, beat eggs, oil and milk.
- Combine dry ingredients in seperate bowl.
- Fold gently into the egg mixture and stir in the cheese and onion mixing only until combined.
- This batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake 15-20 minutes.
We found these to be a bit dense, and not overly flavorful. Some of that might be that we are used to beer breads/muffins, so that might have been some of the flavor we felt was "missing". I took them out of the oven at 16 minutes since a previous reviewer said they were a bit dry. That seemed to take care of that issue. I would recommend using a little more herbs, and I think using beer in place of the milk would be an improvement also. Thanks for sharing!
These were good, but mine came out kind of dry…