Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, Sharp, Grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour, Unbleached
- 1⁄2 cup cream, Regular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon stuffed olives, Chopped
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 slices bread
- butter, Softened
- Put the shredded cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Hard cook and chop the egg, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Add and cook the onion until transparent then add the flour and stir until well blended.
- Heat until bubbly and then add the cream, salt and tobasco sauce gradually while stirring constantly.
- Cook until the mixture boils.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer and remove from the heat.
- Blend in the lemon juice.
- Add the creamed mixture to the cheese and add the egg, pimento and stuffed olive slices to the mixture.
- Mix until well blended and set aside.
- Pan broil the bacon slices until they are partially cooked and still limp.
- Spread the bread with the softened butter and then spread the cheddar mixture on the bread, allowing 1/4 cup for each slice.
- Top each slice with 2 of the bacon slices crossed diagonally.
- Set the oven temperature to broil (500 or higher degrees F.) Arrange the sandwiches on the broiler rack and place in broiler with the tops of the sandwiches 3-inches below the heat source.
- Broil until cheddar mixture is bubbly and slightly browned and bacon slices are crisp.
- Serve hot.