Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't let the healthful aspect of this recipe fool you, it's great! Served like a quiche, it's easy to pair with a veggie and salad for a great meal. Can easily be made vegan.
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (or use dried)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (or 1 med. onion)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or use vegan cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk (or milk)
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbs (thyme, sage, basil, rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Combine rice, parsley, scallions (or onions)and cheese. (You may saute onions first.).
- In blender, combine tofu, milk, pepper, spices and hot sauce until well mixed.
- Combine rice and tofu mixtures.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot.
- (I think it takes even better the next day when the flavors have blended and mellowed.).
Want to make this, but need some help. Is it black pepper? Is it a mixture of herbs, or two tbsps. of each. Please help!!
Really delicious! I baked it without the crust to save on calories and fat and it was excellent, but I bet it would be fantastic with the crust. After reading past reviews I decided to make it a day in advance and it held together really well. Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe.
Oh yum, this is soooo good! It is fluffy, slightly cheesy (even though I used a little less than what was called for) and has a great crust on top. Everyone loved this. The raw onion (I used a regular one) got really sweet during the baking and that was such a nice touch. YUM!
As we were a little short on time we skipped the bottom crust, but Im sure it would have been a nice addition.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, WICC! :)
Made and reviewed for your being VIP during Veggie Swap #38 September 2011.