Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This marinade is great on all kinds of meats, it use it mostly on chicken that you cook on the grill. My kids love when I grill wings ("buffalo" cuts) with this marinade. This is great for picnics or just a switch from barbecue sauce. This can also add great depth to barbecue chicken for a more complex flavor. Have Fun!
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar (any will work) or 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar (any will work)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients well and marinade for at least 2-4 hours. Cook on low flame until skin is crispy and charred ( but do not burn)! The longer you marinade the stronger the flavor!
We really enjoyed your chicken marinade K-Jon. It was something that we have never tried before and the smokey flavour really comes through. I used chicken drumsticks and cook on a low BBQ for a long time until done & it came out moist and flavourful. This is the 2nd review for PAC 2008