Recipe by annconnolly
If you are looking for a different kind of side dish, this combination of vegetables and fruit is tasty with a pork or beef roast on special occasions.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, cut into sticks
- 2 large white onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 5 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 3 large apples, cored, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam carrots in boiling salted water until tender-crisp. Set aside.
- Cook onions until golden in 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- In buttered baking dish, layer carrots, onions and apples. Sprinkle with thyme. Drizzle with lemon juice. Melt remaining butter. Mix in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until vegetables are heated through and crumbs are golden brown.