These hands can cook's Note:
This is a great dish to cook on the stovetop quickly or slowly in a crockpot. I love serving this dish with homemade biscuits. An excellent dish to serve on a cold day. This also makes outstanding leftovers the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup instant rice, raw
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms or 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 cups cabbage, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup beef broth or 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 1Brown ground beef, onion and garlic together in a skillet.
- 2In a large dutch oven combine all ingredients, including hamburger mixture.
- 3Cook on medium for approximately 20 minutes until mixture simmers, then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4For the crock pot:
- 5Brown ground beef, onion and garlic together in a skillet.
- 6Grease a 6-quart crock pot and combine all ingredients in crock pot, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Cabbage Roll Hotdish
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: