Recipe by **Kelly**
We don't typically eat much butternut squash around here, but this is one that is really tasty.
Top Review by Chef MB
Holy cow, this is fabulous! I made about half the recipe to feed my family of four, and my husband just raved about it. I didn't have any carrot to add, and I probably used a little more garlic. Delicious, easy, and I can't wait to make it again! The leftovers are going to make some mighty fine soup tomorrow, I can already tell. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed and peeled
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper