Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have used a whole chicken cut-up instead of the 6 chicken breasts. I also baked mine for 15 to 20 minutes on 400º at the end to crisp.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil (for easy clean-up).
- Mix flour, cheese and seasonings in a plastic bag. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then place in bag with flour mixture and shake until coated. Arrange in a single layer in pan, meat side up. Drizzle melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400º and bake for another 10 minutes to make the crust crispy. Make sure chicken is completely cooked.
- Do not turn chicken pieces while it is baking.
Very nice for a simple dinner. I followed the ingredients list exactly and was very pleased with the flavour, as were my kids. I did use boneless chicken boobs as that was what I had on hand and used the full amount of butter as you can never have too much butter.