Recipe by SweetySJD
I love this, it made me love Brussels sprouts! It's elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, easy enough for Tuesday night!
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
The sauce in this dish is fantastic! It totally sends the veggies over the top good. I love the mix of cider vinegar with the brown sugar and herbs. Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sweety. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
- 8 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim stems of Brussels sprouts. Cut an X in the core end of each one with a sharp knife.
- Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 inch water. Bring to a boil; cover and stearm for 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, tarragon, marjoram and pepper. Drizzle over mushrooms and sprouts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.