1/2 Photos of Savory Brussels Sprouts
The key to making tasty Brussels sprouts is the same one for broccoli...Do Not Overcook! These have a savory addition of Dijon mustard and a dash of cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the base of the sprouts and peel off the bruised outer leaves.
- 2Cut in half if the sprouts are large.
- 3Cook the sprouts in lightly salted boiling water for around 5-8 minutes.
- 4Continue to taste test and they are done when just barely tender with a slight crispness left.
- 5DO NOT OVERCOOK THESE LITTLE CABBAGES!
- 6They will then be strong tasting, which is why a lot of people don't like this delicious vegetable.
- 7Stir in the mustard and the cream.
- 8Season with pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g