Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love Brussels Sprouts and this is a tasty preparation for this wonderful vegetable. I've made it without the bread crumbs when DH was low-carbing and it was still wonderful.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (from lemon above)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- lemon zest (from the lemon above)
- Wash and trim all discolored leaves from the Brussels sprouts; cut a tiny "X" into the base of the stem to help them cook evenly.
- In a medium pan, steam Brussels sprouts until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan or the microwave melt half the butter and stir in the mustard, lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan melt the remaining butter and saute the bread crumbs, stirring constantly until golden.
- To serve, transfer sprouts to a heated dish.
- Pour butter mixture over the sprouts and mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and lemon zest.
Wonderful brussels sprouts! I used the frozen steam bagged brussels sprouts and plain bread crumbs since I had those on hand. So quick and easy to make, the sauce is very good. Just enough zip, great combination! Thank you hon for posting your recipe.