Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the flavor of this recipe, plus it's very healthy for you. Hope you like it too :)
Make and share this Savory Brown Rice and Barley recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped finely
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 236.59 ml barley
- 591.47 ml water
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Saute onion in olive oil in a 4 qt saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except green onions, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn down to simmer, cooking for 45 minutes without removing lid.
- Fluff with a rice, garnish with green onions and serve.
Easy, delicious and healthy! What more can you ask of a side dish?? I'm saving this recipe and will use it again.
This was very good! I used vegetable broth instead of beef cubes. Healthy and yummy! Thanks! Made for PRMR.