- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell peppers or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in vegetables; stir/saute until slightly soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in rice; add broth and seasonings, except parsley; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low; cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 45-50 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; serve.