Recipe by Burgundy Damsel
From "The Great Big Butter Cookbook". Prep time is a guess.
Top Review by mollypaul
It%u2019s best to use a firm, fairly unripe Brie for this recipe. Freezing Brie for about 20 minutes is a trick that will keep the cheese from melting too much during baking, while still allowing it to become soft and spreadable.
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust pastry dough, at room temperature
- 8 ounces brie cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts, 1 1/2 tbsp of butter, rosemary and cayenne; set aside.
- Unfold the pie crust on a greased baking sheet and spoon the walnut mixture into the center of the dough.
- Spread into a 5" circle.
- Place the brie on top of the walnut mixture and fold the dough over the brie, starting at two opposite sides, bringing to the center and pinching to seal.
- Fold in remaining pastry ends to the center, crimping as necessary, and press to seal.
- Invert brie onto a baking sheet and brush the top with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pastry is browned.
- Cool to room temperature before serving with toasted slices of French baguette and fruit chutney.