Recipe by Dusty&Sarah
Adapted to be vegetarian friendly from Sandra Lee's Money -Saving Meals I think a vegetable added to these would taste better, but I have not figured out what kind yet. Sandra added mushrooms to hers, but I cannot deal with the fungi.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This has got to be one of my best finds of PAC, these things are fabulous!!!! I halved the recipe and ended up with 5 nice big muffin/puddings. Great as is, I added some finely chopped bacon and onion, if you wanted to add veggies I'd suggest something like squash, broccoli, spinach (probably be fab with spinach and maybe a little goatcheese), mushrooms are probably great but I'm also not a fungi lover. I didnt have a baguette, so just used bread slices, guessing a bit for the amount, but it worked out fine. LOVE these!!! Thanks, Dusty and Sarah, made for PAC Fall 2012
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 baguette, day old, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the cheese, eggs,soy milk, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture and let the egg and bread mixture sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the egg mixture from the refrigerator, Ladle the bread pudding mixture into the muffin tins and bake until set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the puddings from the muffin tins to a serving platter and serve.