1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Cobbled together from several recipes I found in several places. Feel free to add sauteed greens, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, or any other soft (or precooked) vegetable you have on hand. Substitute ham, turkey or other meat for the bacon, or leave it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 small tomatoes, about 1/2 lb
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or a combination, about 1/4 lb) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (or a combination, about 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb challah, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 lb bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13x9x2" baking pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Halve tomatoes and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until soft and beginning to shrivel, about 30 minutes. Cut each half in four pieces; if they slip off their skins, so much the better.
- 3Whisk eggs, milk, sour cream, cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper together.
- 4Toss tomatoes, bread, bacon, and peas to combine. Pour into baking dish and pour egg mixture over. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer covered pan to oven and bake 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 20-30 minutes more, until puffy and cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 234.0 mg
- Sodium 639.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 20.9 g