Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
From Schwans' box. This is good and simple. I know that the addition of the butter on the top of the dish seems like too much, but it really is necessary. If it's left out, the dish gets way too dry. It would be neat if someone would modify this recipe to their taste using different cheese and herbs. Let me know, OK?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Saute onion in oil or butter until just translucent. Add garlic, stir well and remove from heat. Set aside.
- 3Spray 13 x 9 glass pan with nonstick spray or butter/oil the pan.
- 4Mix dill, salt and pepper.
- 5Place loins in prepared pan. Sprinkle with dill mixture.
- 6Layer onion/garlic, then crumbs, then cheese on loins.
- 7Place butter slices evenly around top of cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes until fish flakes with fork.
- 9Finish with fresh lemon juice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Blue Hake
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.8
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 1122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 37.4 g