1/1 Photo of Savory Black-Eyed Peas With Bacon
1 hr 10 mins
This is heavenly! Its a great side dish or even a hearty lunch. This is from Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slice bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 591.47 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml dried black-eyed peas, sorted and rinsed
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 22.18 ml chopped fresh savory (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried savory)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain fat from skillet.
- 2Heat broth, peas, celery, onion, savory and garlic to boiling in same skillet.
- 3Boil uncovered 2 minutes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peas are almost tender (do not boil or peas will burst).
- 4Stir in carrots and bell pepper.
- 5Heat to simmering. Cover and simmer about 13 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender; stir.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Black-Eyed Peas With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 798.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: