Recipe by Pinay0618
Found at the Cabot Cheese website, these would be heaven with a bowl of hot soup.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated cabot sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced oil-cured hot peppers
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- mild paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place two baking sheets together (to simulate thicker sheet) and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, black pepper, salt and baking powder. Add cheese, pine nuts, parsley, thyme, oregano and basil and stir together. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and hot peppers.
- Make well in center of mixture; add eggs, wine or water and 1/4 cup oil and stir until mixture forms soft dough. Turn out onto work surface and knead briefly. Shape into log, about 3 1/2 inches by 8 inches. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and brush top with olive oil. Dust with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden and puffy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Slice cooled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Separate slices and return to oven for 15 minutes, or until crisp.