Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been in my family for three generations. Being the impatient type, I adapted it for my pressure cooker :-)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean beef, in one piece
- 1⁄2 large Spanish onion, diced
- 8 -12 ounces baby carrots, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 16 ounces beef stock
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 6 -8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil, for sauteing
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- INGREDIENT NOTE; You also can use small pasta that's designed for soup, such as ditalini, orzo or small shells.
- Heat empty cooker on high.
- When quite hot, add oil and heat until smoking.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the onions and carrots.
- Saute until somewhat softened.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, beef stock and chicken stock.
- Mix well.
- Add the optional worcestershire sauce.
- Top cooker up with water or more stock to the "Max PC" line.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put on lid.
- Plug in cooker.
- Select "Meat" function.
- Set timer on cooker to 1 hour.
- At end of cooking time, unplug the cooker.
- Follow the instruction manual for cooling and opening the cooker.
- Remove the beef and cut into serving pieces.
- Return the beef pieces to the cooker.
- Plug in cooker.
- Put on glass cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles.
- Cook, uncovered, until noodles or pasta is tender.
- Unplug cooker.
- Remove glass cover.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Loved this recipe. I just recently got the Wolfgang Puck electric pressure cooker and I was looking for some recipes to try. My husband loves soup and this one was restaurant quality. Easy and very flavorful. I will definitely be making this often. Thank you!!!!