Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This tender beef is wonderful served over hot cooked noodles.
Make and share this Savory Beef Paprika recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Add 1 cup of water, ketchup, brown sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and cayenne; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until beef is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into stew.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over noodles.
This was very easy and delicious! My husby rated it 5 stars and if he rates it 5 stars you know it has to be good! I'll definitely be making this again!!
This is a delicious way to use beef stew meat. The meat got very tender during cooking and the sauce was very flavorful. I only added half the brown sugar since the ketchup is already sweet. I served over egg noodles. Thanks for the lovely recipe!
This dish is very good. The only change I made was I had Smoked Paprika on hand, instead of regular. Not sure how much difference that made. I think next time I will try less/no brown sugar just to try that out, but we do like it as is! Thanks for sharing. :O)