Recipe by sjmille
This is a really good casserole that my boyfriend makes all the time. It's a cheesey noodle casserole with steak. Very good with a glass of wine. I believe he found it on Cooks.com
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups leftover beef (steak, pot roast, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (1 lb) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (2 ounce) can pimientos, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shortening and saute onions until golden.
- Stir in beef and brown quickly over high heat, turning frequently.
- Stir in flour, stewed tomatoes, red wine, water, pimentos, salt, oregano leaves, ground pepper.
- Simmer a few minutes or until slightly thickened.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or 6 individual ramekins layer macaroni, meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 10 minutes for ramekins or 15 to 20 for casserole.
- Garnish with parsley.