1/1 Photo of Savory Beef and Onion Stew (Hachée)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is one of the favourite dishes in the region i live in. I got the recipe from a site with authentic dutch recipes: http://www.hollandsepot.dordt.nl/index.htm There is actually another ingredient in the original recipe, it's called ontbijtkoek and it's used to thicken the stew instead of using cornflour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the onions and the flour in the butter in a saucepan.
- 2Add stock gradually, stirring all the time. Add bay leaves and cloves and simmer for five minutes with the lid on the pan.
- 3Add the vinegar and the diced meat.
- 4Simmer for another hour.
- 5Mix the cornflour with a little water. Add this to the stew to thicken the sauce. Simmer for five minutes, stirring continuously.
- 6Make it to taste with a little pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- 7Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes and red cabbage with this dish.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Beef and Onion Stew (Hachée)
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.7
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: