Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "The Busy Family Cookbook." This was super fast and yummy. Nice flavor for something so simple. Great for a fast weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup beef gravy
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- hot cooked noodles
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, gravy and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water, mix until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.
This is comfort food @ it's best. My " special needs nephew" said to give it 5 stars!!! He had two huge helpings. I served w/mashed potatoes, because my husband prefers potatoes to pasta. This will definitely be made again throughout the winter.
What an easy, terrific way to dress up some hambuger! My son refuses to e2ndst anything with onions and mushrooms, so I made this when he was away, just for my mom and dad. They went back for seconds, even thirds!!!!! Instead of opening up some mushrooms (I have a larger can of them), I used some green peas and sliced carrots. I will keep this one close for when I need something quick and easy! I also think that it would work out really nicely as the filling for a "cottage pie". Thanks!