- 3 large onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat
- 2 lbs beef chuck
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon summer savory
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown onions slowly in fat.
- cut meat into serving pieces,add to onions and brown.
- mix flour & dry seasonings,sprinkle over meat.
- add stock,vinegar and fresh herbs.
- cover tightly and simmer about 2 hours.
- you may use thyme or parsely to season;and a tablespoon of tomato catchup,if you have any.