- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth or 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup converted rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker combine broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Stir spinach into soup; serve with Parmesan cheese.