Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A savory muffin recipe from the National Barley Foods Council.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) jardrained and chopped pimiento
- Combine first seven ingredients large bowl; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add remaining ingredients to the buttermilk/egg/butter mixture and add all to dry ingredients.
- Stir just to blend.
- Spray muffin tin cups with non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake papers.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 375° F.
- oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.