Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
White Fish with a wonderful crusty cheese topping.
- 2 lbs white fish fillets, Skinless
- 2 small onions, sliced into half rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Sauté onion in butter in heavy sauce pan over medium heat until transparent; not browned.
- Spread onion oven bottom of a shallow baking dish.
- Arrange fish over onion in pan, overlapping thin edges.
- Pour wine or lemon juice over fish.
- Add whipping cream to pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and top with cheese.
- Cook un-covered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and fish flakes easily.
Sorry, not thrilled with the recipe. It was very runny and not all that flavorful.