Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This came from the Christmas cookbook from the historic Lion House in Salt Lake City. This is not diet food but it's delicious and nice enough for company. Some of the cooking time is actually marinating time.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Remove skin from chicken breasts, debone if desired.
- Combine sour cream and lemon juice.
- Dip dreasts in this mixture and place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine all seasonings, then mix with bread crumbs.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Dip chicken breasts in crumb mixture to coat all sides.
- Arrange in baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove foil and bake additonal 30 minute to brown.
These were so tender and delicious! I'm thinking if there HAD been leftovers, this would be great cold too, like for a picnic. Next time I may make a country-style gravy to ladle over it. Thanks for giving us a wonderful dinner tonight!
Very tasty and easy. I thought we could cut back on the butter but DH said, "never". Excellent dish.