Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember who gave me this recipe -- it was written on a napkin. I tossed it in a recipe box and forgot about it. When I came across it again, it's author was forgotten. The recipe is not to be forgotten, though. These appetizer-sized bites are delicious.
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 8" square baking pan.
- In a heavy skillet, saute' onion and garlic in sherry until soft but not brown.
- Lightly beat egg whites to soft peaks. Spoon into bowl and mix with whole egg, bread crumbs, parsley, dill cayenne, cheeses and artichokes.
- Add sauteed onion and garlic.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until set - about 30 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into 25 squares.
- For a festive touch, top the squares with a cherry tomato half.