Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Make breakfast your best meal of the day by having these delicious bacon muffins with a nice plate of eggs and a hot cup of coffee. What a way to wake up!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain well on paper towels.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- In pan, cook onion in bacon drippings until tender.
- In bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Blend wet ingredients in seperate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, crumbled bacon and onions to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
This make a mean breakfast item TGirl!! I halved this recipe and it worked out perfectly. Great with some scrambled eggs! Thanks for the recipe!