Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From GRIT Magazine: Baking with Honey
Make and share this Savory Bacon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crumbled
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make well in center and set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine honey, eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir in sour cream. Add to flour mixture all at once and stir. Fold in onions and bacon.
- Divide evenly into prepared muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve muffins with butter and honey, if desired. Yields 12 muffins.
Puffed up beautifully, and came out lovely and moist. Great recipe!