Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Bacon wrapped sweet onions on skewers. Nice.
- 2 sweet onions, each sliced into 8 wedges
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 48 inches wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Wrap each onion wedge in a bacon slice. Arrange 2 wedges on each skewer; place in a shallow glass or plastic dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; drizzle over skewers.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove skewers from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill or broil, covered over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender., occasionally turning and basting with reserved marinade.
Taste was great. Broil method, not great. I used a cookie sheet topped with a metal cooling rack as my broiler pan. The sauce burned under the broiler right away. Then as the 15 minutes of cooking time went on, the smoke set off the fire alarm twice. I think that maybe some standing water under to catch the sauce would help? Grilling would be a better way all together, as long as they don't fall between the grates. The taste was nice. Thank you.
These are great bites! The drizzle complimented the bacon and onion very well. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely adore the sauce! It's amazing!! Easy to prepare and very satisfying. We gobbled these down quickly and will definitely make them again!