Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Make this only if you are a garlic-lover! This is a double recipe, it will make about 4 cups, as I always make lots and then freeze in 1/2-cup plastic containers to serve with pork chops, it can be reduced by half if desired.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
I have made this twice now, once as written and the second time using up some unsweetened applesauce...both times fabulous! The second time I sauteed the garlic, and then mixed the applesauce and other ingredients in the same pan that I had used to brown the pork chops, and I really liked the way it picked up that flavour in that variation. This recipe really makes pork chops sing!
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 -7 garlic cloves (each clove cut into quarters)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, simmer all ingredients except the salt and pepper, covered, stirring occasionally until the apples are falling apart and the garlic is tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Mash the garlic pieces to mix with the applesauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.