Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Another one from my Bisquick cookbook. Quick, easy, and tasty--it's good for someone on a budget.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 medium unpeeled cooking apple, peeled and chopped (1 cup, Rome beauty, golden delicious or greening)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease rectangular baking dish 11x7x11/2-inches.
- Cook the bacon in skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; cool, then crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Mix apple and sugar and spread into baking dish stir the Bisquick milk and eggs until blended pour over the apples and sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake uncovered until knife inserted in center comes out clean.