Recipe by J9
I got this from parents.com. I am going to try it this year for Thanksgiving--sounds wonderful though.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 (10 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 corn muffins, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In large skillet melt butter, add onion and celery and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Add stuffing mix, corn muffins, parsley, thyme and sage to vegetables; toss to combine. Set aside 1/2 cup chicken broth and mix remaining broth into mixture.
- Moisten stuffing with reserved chicken broth and transfer to a greased, shallow baking pan, dot with butter.
- Cover and bake 30-35 minutes.
- uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.