Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the easiest and tastiest chocolate gelato recipe I've tried. I added cookies, chocoate chips or whatever I'm in the mood for.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2-1 cup crushed chocolate cookies (oreos, Trader Joe's Jo Joes, optional) (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup mini chocolate chip, etc (oreos, Trader Joe's Jo Joes) (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then remove from heat. Combine remaining 1 cup milk, sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa in a bowl, add to hot milk, and cook until sugar and cocoa dissolve.
- Set aside to let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add optional ingredients the last 2-3 minutes of mixing in ice cream maker.