Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, a very simple and quick comfort food, from squidoo.com/best-pressure-cooker-recipe-ever. She uses an electric pressure cooker.
- 591.47 ml elbow macaroni
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the macaroni, chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper into the pressure cooker.
- Bring the pressure cooker to high pressure, then adjust heat level to stay at high pressure. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Follow recommendations for your pressure cooker on how to let the steam out of the pressure cooker. (For my electric pressure cooker, I have to wait 10-15 minutes before releasing steam.).
- Remove the lid, directing the steam away from you.
- Add the butter, milk and cheeses to the pot and stir.
- Note: If you have no heavy cream, melt 1/3 cup butter in the microwave and then add 2/3 cup milk. If you have 2% milk, add a tablespoon of flour to the ingredients.