Recipe by KittyKitty
A favorite at our house.
Top Review by Porfavorcorona
Now this one is to die for a fantastic wounderful recipe you have to try. It reminds my of working in the WD deli where the ladies would make red rice for the hot bar everyday. I did make a couple of changes I add 1/2lb Kielbsa and 1 8oz can of tomato sauce and instead of water I used chicken broth. Thank you so much for posting.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Saute onion, celery and green pepper in drippings over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients. Spoon rice mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.