Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Taste of Home, haven't yet tried, but haven't met a rice I didn't like yet.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups white rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2 quart casserole; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery and peppers in oil over med for 5 min or til tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, water, sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 min, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to casserole. Cover and bake 1 hour or til tender.
This side dish was great!, though I did have to add a can of tomato juice as I think it was too dry and some of the rice was still cunchy...the taste was wonderful though...