Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This makes a wonderful side dish or if you desire, add cooked shrimp for a main dish. Personally, I love it just by itself with a salad.
- Fry bacon until crisp and remove from pan and crumble.
- In remaining bacon fat, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender Add Creole seasoning and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add bacon, Kiebasa, tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Start with part of rice and mix with sauce and keep adding rice until all is mixed in well.
- Put in 9x13 pan and cover and bake at 350 for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Really nice flavor and easy to put together. The only change I made was to substitute Cajun smoked sausage for the kielbasa. Thanks for sharing this!
This is a common dish in Charleston, SC as well. Goes really great with Fried Fish or Baked Salmon..Yummy! For faster cooking is use instant rice.