Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on the Yankee website, if you can believe that :)
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Season-All salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse chicken pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour the key lime juice over the chicken. Roll chicken around within the lime juice and make sure all pieces are covered. Let the chicken stand or marinate in the juice for 5 minutes. Heat oil on medium in a frying pan.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the chicken and coat the pieces evenly.
- Now add all of the flour to a separate small bowl or bag. Coat the chicken parts with the flour. Place coated pieces in the heated oil and fry accordingly. Fry chicken 8 to 10 minutes for white meat, 13 to 14 minutes for dark meat, making sure to turn pieces frequently to evenly cook the chicken. Chicken should have a crispy, golden-brown color.
- Once done, place chicken pieces on a plate covered with paper towels to drain the excess oils. Let the chicken cool for 5 minutes and serve.